About Axel Schwolow
When I stumbled upon this area by accident in 1994 I didn’t think that much about it – at first. But after my first summer here in 1995 I knew we have a special gem here and that indeed there is Magic in these Mountains.
I had traveled a long road from my birth in a small town in Germany which lead me through Spain, Mexico and Guatemala to the Metropolitan New York area, Manhattan, mostly, as well as Montclair, NJ. Along the the way to Margaretville I lived in variety of dwellings, from a 1600’s farmhouse in Germany to a cassita in Spain, a cabana in Mexico, various lofts and townhouses in Manhattan, a tudor, sidehall colonial and Arts & Craft in Montclair, a seasonal camp in Andes and now a second chalet in Margaretville with occasional stays in a studio on the Upper West Side. From this varied living experience I have developed a deep respect for the intrinsical value and character of properties, as well as a clear understanding for the need of an antidote to all the excitement of ‘downstate’ busy-ness.
My work has been in the educational field and travel related service industry with an emphasis on special individual designed programs, events, workshops and presentations. This has taught me to listen carefully, understand and deduct the intent, communicate clearly and pay attention to details. It is my goal that, in any transaction I am involved in, my participation adds value for the client/customer beyond what’s requested. Technology is a part of our lives and I have been and will continue to be a fascinated learner – from my first Apple 2 computer to all of today’s digital aids.
When not practicing real estate, I enjoy, in no particular order:
- transforming our chalet from its origins in the 70’s to a true contemporary fit for the 21st century using local materials and resources
- trying my hands at rustic hand built furniture, without visits to the emergency room
- landscaping, especially when things bigger or heavier than me are involved, like rocks and trees
- T’ai Chi for relaxation, wellness, inspiration and to nourish the spirit
- walking local golf courses and getting close to breaking 90, ….dream on…..
- hiking Catskill State Forests trails and trying to get to the top of all peaks over 3500′
- rollerblading on back country roads
- skiing, downhill and cross country
- the occasional performance and cultural event in Manhattan.
Below are what a few of my past customers/clients graciously have to say about working with me. I invite you to work with me. I look forward to being your guide to this area and lead you through one or more successfully completed real estate transaction(s). You can email me or call me at below office number – and you are certainly invited to visit my website.
See you in the country!