Davenport is a town in Delaware County, New York, USA. The population was 2,965 at the 2010 census. The Town of Davenport is in the northeast part of the county.
The town was formed in 1817 from part of the Town of Kortright and Meredith. Davenport is named after an early settler, John Davenport, who also became the first town supervisor. Charlotte Valley Central School is the only public school in Davenport, New York. There are two volunteer fire departments in Davenport, as well as four churches, three post offices and one traffic light. There are four hamlets within the borders of the town; Davenport, Davenport Center, West Davenport and Fergusonville. Other places located in Davenport are; Pindars Corners, Butts Corners, and Hoseaville. Davenport's high school basketball team went to states two years in a row (2006 & 2007).
Geography and Education
The north town line is the border of Otsego County, New York.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 52.5 square miles (136 km2), of which, 52.3 square miles (135 km2) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) of it (0.25%) is water.
Charlotte Valley Central School
Listing information provided courtesy of the Otsego-Delaware Board of Realtors. IDX Information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
Updated: 9th July, 2020 6:00 AM (Z).